Re: Reminder: XMP review

From: RaphaŽl Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2008 10:47:47 +0100
To: VŪctor RodrŪguez Doncel <victorr@ac.upc.edu>
CC: Thierry Michel <tmichel@w3.org>, Joakim SŲderberg <joakim.soderberg@ericsson.com>, Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org>, public-media-annotation@w3.org

Dear Victor,

> I wonder whether this text fields could be improved so that they include
> richer information. For example, a RDF version of a CreativeCommons
> license (appart from the CC symbols, there is a RDF version to express
> "Non-Commercial" etc.), or a pattern License in whichever Rights
> Expression Language etc.
> Wouldnīt it be nice having a picture and its licensing terms together?

Absolutely! We have already discussed that on the mailing list, see for

Furthermore, we have discussed that issue during the face to face
meeting in Cannes, with the PLING working group (see

So, YES, we should have a placeholder for pointing to machine readable
and human readable licence, but it seems to me that XMP allows already
to do that via the properties "xmpRights:Certificate" and/or
"xmpRights:WebStatement" that both have values a URL that can point to
such a licence.

Best regards.

RaphaŽl Troncy
Tel: +31 (0)20 - 592 4093