Re: [new use case suggestion] Use Case - Digital imaging lifecycle

From: Pierre-Antoine Champin <swlists-040405@champin.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2008 16:05:42 +0000
To: Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org>
CC: Rubén Tous <rtous@ac.upc.edu>, public-media-annotation@w3.org

Felix Sasaki a écrit :

> Hello Ruben, all,
>
> sorry for the late reply. Reading your proposal I think it is
> interesting for the photo use case. However I remember that we discussed
> at the f2f meeting about the focus of the Working Group, and most of the
> people want it to be video, with the possibility to take other use cases
> into account if their requirements overlap more or less with video.I am
> a bit worried that your description is too far away from that use case.
> What do others think?

Although the examples given by Rubén are quite specific to still images,
it seems to me that a similar kind of concern exist for video: video can
be digitalized from analog media, captured by digital devices or
generated; they can be altered in several ways (re-encoding, subtitling,
montage...).

So I think this is relevant to video (and probably any kind of media) at
least to some extent.

   pa