Re: CfC on WG Note for Glossary

Hi,

I would also add that all the subcategories of Task should have a link to
Task

(We will have to revise the Task model, anyway, where the subtype which
should correspond to Abstract Task is called Abstraction)

Concerning Abstraction, I think we agreed in our last telco to remove the
terms Horizontal and Vertical as qualifications of transformation. Indeed,
that is the only place where Vertical is used.

For Cross-cutting, the quoted reference [Limbourg and Vanderdonckt, 2009]
does not seem correct (I found no reference to the concept there). In
general, Cross-cutting is used to refer to aspects which are not specific
of any particular model or level, but have to be addressed in several
places.

Missing link to Peripheral in Device and back link from Peripheral to Device

Missing links from Distribution to Device, from Domain Model to Domain
Concept, Entry Point to Level of Abstraction

In Interaction, we say: When at least one of the systems is a human being,
we speak of Human-Computer Interaction. It would probably better to say at
least one is a human and one is a computational system.

Link Interaction space to Interactor, Interactor to Level of Abstraction

Metamodel or meta-model?

Plastic UI to Plasticity, Portability to Platform

In Task operator

Operator that denotes temporal relationships between the executions of
tasks.

I would replace "between" with "among" (as we now have n-ary extensions of
some binary operators)
Link Translation to Level of abstraction

In User, Target end user is not defined

best
paolo

2013/10/3 Joëlle Coutaz <joelle.coutaz@imag.fr>

> Hi all,
> I have checked the Glossary, but I have not been able to do an exhaustive
> check.
> Here are my comments:
>
> TO BE DISCUSSED :
> - Migratory UI
> - Modality
> - Usage cost
>
> MINOR STUFF1 = Links missing in a number of entries
> . Abstract Task: link to composite task missing
> . Central Domain Concept : link to context of use
> . CIU : link to CIO  missing
> . Context of use: link to user and to platform missing
> . Reachability : link to [Amodeus 95] missing
>
> …. I am certain that other links are missing
>
> MINOR STUFF2 = Terms missing (they are referenced i some entries)
> Concrete interactor
>

> All the best,
> --joelle
> On 30 Sep 2013, at 10:02, Dave Raggett wrote:
>
> > On behalf of the Chairs, I would like to call for comments on
> transitioning the glossary to a Working Group Note. The draft has been
> prepared by Jaroslav and is available at:
> >
> >      http://www.w3.org/2011/mbui/drafts/mbui-glossary/
> > --
> > Dave Raggett
> > <dsr@w3.org> http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett

> Joelle COUTAZ, Professeur émérite
> Lab. LIG (laboratoire d'Informatique de Grenoble)
> 41 rue des Mathématiques, 38400 St-Martin d'Hères, France,
> http://iihm.imag.fr/coutaz, tel. 33 4 76 51 48 54

Paolo Bottoni

Associate Professor of Computer Science

Email: bottoni@di.uniroma1.it