Questions regarding the current MBUI schema

From: Heiko Braun <ike.braun@googlemail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 10:06:08 +0200
To: public-mbui@w3.org

I've been playing along with the current schema draft to see if some of our UI's could be expressed by these means. A few things I've stumbled upon so far:

- "Interleaving" subtask type seems to be missing

- A smal typo: 'Precondition' opposed to 'PreCondition'

- 'SubTask' cardinality seems wrong: the 'categoryGroup' has 'minOccurs=2'.
IMO it should be 'minOccurs=1' to allow single nested 'SubTask's

- 'ConditionGroup' enforces two nested elements (minOccurs=2).
IMO it should be minOccurs=1 to allow single nested 'ValueLiteral's

- 'Frequency' should become optional, no?

In general I very much appreciate the effort of this working group. Some XML examples would be helpful though to fully understand how the schema would be applied and to see the bigger picture. I've also enjoyed reading through the additional material posted on google docs ("Introduction to Model-Based UI").

Keep up the good work,

Heiko Braun
Red Hat