RE: [mathonweb] reminder: meetings this week

Although it’s been a while, I did teach undergraduate and graduate-level logic and algebra for a number of years and I have the same understanding as Neil that in propositional, first, and higher-level logics, conjunction has priority over disjunction. There are numerous classic texts where this is given as the rule. Can you point to any text or other source where the order is stated to be different?

From: Volker Sorge <volker.sorge@gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, September 10, 2018 3:51 PM
To: Neil Soiffer <soiffer@alum.mit.edu>
Cc: Peter Krautzberger <peter@krautzource.com>; mathonweb <public-mathonwebpages@w3.org>
Subject: Re: [mathonweb] reminder: meetings this week

I am confused; I don't understand your point. I was explicitly referring to classical logic.
Of course you can define a precedence order. Programming languages often do following Boolean algebra habits, so do often authors of logic text books. But even then the order between and/or can depend on the author.