From: Kevin Cheung [mailto:KEVINCHEUNG@CUNET.CARLETON.CA]
Sent: Thursday, September 22, 2016 3:02 PM
To: Paul Topping <pault@dessci.com>; Jos de Jong <wjosdejong@gmail.com>; Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>
Cc: Peter Krautzberger <peter.krautzberger@mathjax.org>; public-mathonw. <public-mathonwebpages@w3.org>
Subject: Re: plain text math notation

It will be nice if there is a math notation language that forces math writers to mean exactly what they write.  (Contrasting to what mathematicians sometimes do; they use the same LaTex symbols to mean different things in different contexts.)  With CAS, since the goal is to compute, you have no choice but to type what you mean.  Is the goal to come up with a universal CAS language?  If so, how would one go about dealing with really abstract math?