Re: [MathML4] Multiple Formats for Presentation and Semantics

On 25/02/2019 09:44, Adam Sobieski wrote:
> I would like to present an idea for discussion for MathML4. The idea is
> based upon the approaches to mathematical semantics from MathML3. The
> idea is to include in MathML4 a means of providing multiple
> presentational formats.

I wouldn't completely rule it out but I suspect there is too much
overlap here with <semantics>.

<semantics>, despite its name, isn't just for providing semantics it's
for supplying arbitrary structured annotations to a term, so you could
already in mathml3 annotate a term with png, svg etc.

The display application could choose to show the png annotation of a
<semantics> rather than the mathml in the first child, or a
presentation-mathml annotation.

David

Disclaimer

The Numerical Algorithms Group Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 1249803. The registered office is:

This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses and malware, and may have been automatically archived by Mimecast Ltd, an innovator in Software as a Service (SaaS) for business.