Re: [markdown-testsuite] Add End Of Line (EOL) definition/tests. (#1)

* Dave Pawson <dave.pawson@gmail.com> [2012-11-28 11:34 -0500]:
> On 28 November 2012 15:33, David J. Weller-Fahy
> <dave-lists-public-markdown@weller-fahy.com> wrote:
> >> \n as a symbol, defined in the glossary is shorter than EOL or eoln
> >
> > It is shorter, but we could pick something not so loaded with
> > previous meaning.
>
> Sounds sensible. If we can trip over it, so can others. Two options.
> 1. EBNF (Other standards groups must have faced this and defined it?)

What about using the EBNF form as defined by w3 for XML [1]?

[1]: http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml/#sec-notation

I think I'd prefer to go with EBNF now, rather than have to convert
later.

> Question. Can EBNF define "anything other than ..." as in [^newline]+
> using a bastardised form of regex.

I'm not sure, have to take a look into it.

--
dave [ please don't CC me ]