Re: header syntax.

On 22 November 2012 02:17, Karl Dubost <karld@opera.com> wrote:

> Le 21 nov. 2012 à 23:37, Joshua Kalis a écrit :
>> I think that the underline syntax is ugly and needless with '# header' or '# header #'.
>
> We do not have the choice.
>
> Babelmark2 shows that most of processors support the three syntaxes.
> http://bit.ly/Ug3yfj

We do have a choice :-) But that seems a resounding vote for ... 3

Just to confirm the 3 you mention.

== underline (h1 only)
--  underline (h2 only)
#{1..6}  All values.

What a mess! We do need to address the corner cases though and tidy them up?
E.g. terminating #'s, matching number of hashes, text after hashes etc.

Alternative view. For a core profile. Support only #'s, with terminators.
That allows conformance across implementations.

Then the variations would fall into either intermediate or
app-specific profiles?

Thoughts?

--
Dave Pawson