Re: header syntax.

On 21 November 2012 08:35, Dave Pawson <dave.pawson@gmail.com> wrote:
> The current MD has numerous options for headers.
> http://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/syntax#header
>
> Two forms of underscore,
> what is called the 'atx' header, which has optional termination indicators.
>
> I'd propose that we adopt one.
>
> Options.
>
> 1. == underscore  (any length > 1 on following line, starting column 1)
> 2. -- hyphen underscore (any length > 1 on following line, starting column 1)
> 3. # header text #  where # is 1..6 repeat for different levels
> 4. # header text where # is 1..6 repeat for different levels
>
> My preference is for option 3.
>
> Please let us know which one you like, or whether you would like to
> support multiple versions.

I would like to keep both as it's already working on every implementation.

Header 1
=======

Header 2
-----------

### Header 3

#### Header 4

##### Header 5

Though, as MD.pl the spec shouldn't care about the "#" at the end of
the headers, it's a good practice to use it, but I don't think makes
sense to enforce that. As JG wrote:

> Optionally, you may “close” atx-style headers. This is purely cosmetic — you can use this if you think it looks better. The closing hashes don’t even need to match the number of hashes used to open the header. (The number of opening hashes determines the header level.) :

> Issues: Unlike paragraphs, the 'start' indicator must be in column 1?  E.g.
>   #heading# is not seen as a heading?

I think that shouldn't be seen as a heading.

Regards,
--
Pablo Olmos de Aguilera Corradini - @PaBLoX
http://www.glatelier.org/