Re: header syntax.

I find the underline syntax and the hash syntax both attractive, and
regularly alternate between them (though not in a single document). I think
they're both very widely used and useful in different ways; that said, were
I to choose between them, I prefer the underline syntax.

Regarding IDs, if we decide to deal with these, we could consider defining
an algorithm to create a unique slug based on the header's content. For
instance,

Part One (The Beginning)

could turn into

<h1 id="Part_One_(The_Beginning)">Part One (The Beginning)</h1>

and if another h1 with the same content appears, it could have a digit
appended.

Ryan