Re: To start at the beginning

Re: the scope, I know most discussion so far has centered on the markdown →
HTML flow, but is there value in writing the spec using generic terms
("Level one header", "numbered list", etc.) rather than explicitly
referring to HTML tags? Markdown can theoretically be compiled to any other
presentational format, so the spec ought to be applicable to all of them. I
could easily see someone wanting to write a markdown → LaTeX or a markdown
→ MediaWiki converter, for example.

Ryan