Re: Markdown Content-Type

"text/x-markdown" indicates that the content-type is experimental. Since
our goal is to eventually formalize markdown as a standard, it doesn't make
sense for our endorsed content-type (if any) to be experimental. However,
RFC4288 says that content-types in the standards tree "MUST correspond to a
formal publication by a recognized standards body", so until the markdown
standard is much more mature we can't expect a text/markdown (or similar)
content-type to be accepted by the IESG.

I think the standard should address issues such as expected metadata (which
is what the content-type and filename extension convey), because
standardizing metadata allows for easier tooling.

Ryan