Re: A kind of markdown test suite

Le 21 nov. 2012 à 18:21, Dave Pawson a écrit :
>>> or use manual comparison for a result?
>>

>> Not sure what you mean here.
>

> A test normally requires a pass/fail definition. If no auto comparison
> is done then a visual comparison
> of actual vs expected is required to define a pass/fail.
> that's all I meant.

Ah understood.  Yes it is incomplete so far.
Basically these "test cases" could be used as input for a parser. There are all valid syntaxes according to the current syntax of Markdown. A parser should be able to recognize the syntax structure for each of them.

More difficult some of them could be used as "ref test" for an "html to markdown".

Round trip md -> html -> md is complicated for a few reasons. It would require a canonical md, and I'm not sure it is that interesting.

btw, there are a few html to markdown converters out there.

--
Karl Dubost - http://dev.opera.com/
Developer Relations, Opera Software