Re: extension of markdown files

Earlier people mentioned polyglot markup and it seemed to scare others.
 Polyglot is an HTML5-introduced term for something we defined way back
when for XHTML 1.0.  It just means markup that is valid XHTML and also
works well in HTML user agents.  The current generation polyglot spec is at
http://www.w3.org/TR/html-polyglot/

In my mind it is trivial to have MD output polyglot - and it means it is
readily parseable in an XML toolchain if someone wants to do something cool
with the output.

--
Shane P. McCarron