RE: [Testbed-15-ML] ad-hoc meeting / progress on MapML output support

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your interest!  I will definitely share the results of Testbed 15 MapML work here when it's done.

You are probably already aware of the Testbed 13 and 14 Engineering Reports, which have mostly been
incorporated into the spec at this point.

[1] http://docs.opengeospatial.org/per/17-019.html
[2] http://docs.opengeospatial.org/per/18-023r1.html

I will check to see if anyone (the public) can sign up as an observer on the Testbed 15 thread that MapML is part of.  If you're an OGC member it's as easy as signing up to the testbed 15 machine learning mailing list.

You may also want to follow the on-going elaboration of requirements and use cases for Web maps [3], wherein the broader Web/standards community, including mappers, are being solicited for
UC&R.

[3] https://maps4html.github.io/HTML-Map-Element-UseCases-Requirements/

If you, or anyone else would like to contribute issues or comments, for anything substantial we ask that you join this community group [4] first.  It's about licensing as you are well familiar with!  Plus, every new member of our community is a bit of evidence that people want this to become a standard.

[4] http://maps4html.org

Cheers,
Peter

Peter Rushforth

Technology Advisor
Canada Centre for Mapping and Earth Observation
Natural Resources Canada / Government of Canada
peter.rushforth@canada.ca / Tel: 613-759-7915

Conseiller technique
Centre canadien de cartographie et d’observation de la Terre
Ressources naturelles Canada / Gouvernement du Canada
peter.rushforth@canada.ca / Tél: 613-759-7915