From: Jim Allan <jimallan@tsbvi.edu>
Sent: Monday, February 4, 2019 11:09 AM
To: Jonathan Avila <jon.avila@levelaccess.com>; public-low-vision-a11y-tf <public-low-vision-a11y-tf@w3.org>
Subject: Re: CSS Snap scroll spec is in candidate recommendation and in my opinion does not address the needs of users with low vision

Thanks for this Jon. do you have any examples in the wild?
Will add to the agenda for Thursday.
section in question...
https://www.w3.org/TR/2019/CR-css-scroll-snap-1-20190131/#snap-strictness

On Fri, Feb 1, 2019 at 7:31 PM Jonathan Avila <jon.avila@levelaccess.com<mailto:jon.avila@levelaccess.com>> wrote:
FYI

https://www.w3.org/TR/2019/CR-css-scroll-snap-1-20190131/

In the snap-strictness section the spec talks about how different screen sizes can prevent content from being accessible. When users with low vision zoom in they end up with scaled content between breakpoints and often content is pushed off the bottom of the screen but when the user scrolls the viewport is moved to the next snap position and the low vision users can't access all of the content. We need an inclusive solution.

Jon

Jonathan Avila, CPWA
Chief Accessibility Officer
Level Access
jon.avila@levelaccess.com<mailto:jon.avila@levelaccess.com>
703.637.8957 office

Visit us online:
Website<http://www.levelaccess.com/> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/LevelAccessA11y> | Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/LevelAccessA11y/> | LinkedIn<https://www.linkedin.com/company/level-access> | Blog<http://www.levelaccess.com/blog/>

Looking to boost your accessibility knowledge? Check out our free webinars!<https://www.levelaccess.com/compliance-resources/webinars/>

The information contained in this transmission may be attorney privileged and/or confidential information intended for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.

--
Jim Allan, Accessibility Coordinator
1100 W. 45th St., Austin, Texas 78756