Survey Review Response from LVTF

Thank-you for the opportunity to provide input to the survey.
Below is a summary of items the group thought should be amended, changed,
reformatted, or added -- at your discretion.
Also attached as a word document

Low Vision survey
Format thoughts

·        text size of dropdown boxes is smaller than other text in questions

·        dropdowns have a higher cognitive load to read and operated, why
not radio buttons.

·        no real differentiation between questions. perhaps add numbers or
headings or more space

·         on questions with Other, provide a blank to collect more info.

·         Put related questions next to each other. (e.g. keyboard and
heading nav questions)
Visual Impairment question

·         change Contrast/light Sensitivity to Contrast sensitivity
(difficulty seeing low contrast)

·         perhaps add Field of vision limitations (peripheral field loss,
central field loss, or other)
Primary device

·         mobile and tablet should be separate items

·         had a discussion about changing question to be about monitor size
What is your preferred monitor size? – desktop monitor, laptop, tablet,
phone.
AT used

·         remove “software” from screen magnifier

·         some in the group thought the public might confuse screen
magnifier with browser zoom

·         really wanted a granular question on custom styles. See below
primary screen reader

·         include Fusion? Or is it too new.

·         Why no Talkback?

·         Perhaps a list “check all that apply” people may use different
ones at different times.
Mobile platform

·         Perhaps add Jitterbug for age related vision phone
A11y settings

·         Perhaps add (including large text) in the question because many
people don't consider large text an accessibility setting
Magnification level

·         No response and I don’t know should be separate answers.
Nav by Heading

·         Add I didn’t know they existed (might be appropriate for other
questions also)
Custom Styles – change wording and add questions. Change the order to put
AT question and Custom styles in sequential order

Which of the following do you frequently use? (Select all that apply)

Screen reader

Screen magnifier software

Browser page zoom (zooms all page content)

Browser text size settings

High contrast mode or settings

Browser settings to change colors

Custom styles (for example with Stylish, Stylus, and user style sheets)

Other: ______
New question

If you use custom styles (for example with Stylish, Stylus, and user style
sheets), what do you change:

I don't know how to use custom styles

I know how to use custom styles, but don't use them

Font size

Font family

Font weight

Background and/or text color

Line height

Letter or word spacing

Spacing around paragraphs, headings, etc.

Element-level customization (for example, different styles for different
heading levels)

Other: [______________________________]
New Question

What type of font do you prefer for paragraphs (or large blocks of text).?

Serif (e.g., Times New Roman, Georgia, Bookman)

Sans-serif (e.g., Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, Tahoma)
New Question

Do you quit reading information from the computer (such as an article on
the web or instructions in PDF) and not finish it, just because the text is
too hard to read comfortably?

Never,

Rarely - a few times a year,

Occasionally - a few times a month,