From: Wayne Dick <wayneedick@gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, April 27, 2018 6:19 PM
To: public-low-vision-a11y-tf <public-low-vision-a11y-tf@w3.org>
Subject: Addition to Reflow Understanding

Hi Everyone,

I would like to add the quote below as the second paragraph of the Intent section in the understanding document.

I do not think reflow would have been left out if its importance had been known to the WCAG 2.0 WG. So, I think it should be stated very explicitly. I would like if we did our best to prevent this from happening again. So, could we make our intent very clear.

" For people with low vision, enlarged text with reflow, serves the same function that braille serves for non-visual readers. While both groups benefit from audio reading formats, they both need a self-paced reading medium for understanding difficult content. Enlargement enables perception of characters. Reflow makes reading a tractable operation."

I am one of the few people who has read difficult 1000 page books without reflow. Please take my word. It is really difficult. The importance of reflow cannot be underestimated.

Kind Regards, Wayne