Re: definition of "fixed spatial layout

On Wed, May 24, 2017 at 3:26 AM, Alastair Campbell <acampbell@nomensa.com>
wrote:

> Hi Jim,
>

> Thank you, this has been on my to-do list too long!
>

> I do wonder if there is a better word than “fixed”, but got stuck with
> that. Perhaps “where a specific spatial layout is necessary…”?

​"fixed" was a result of comments. tho I like your phrase better. ​

> I’d also like to squeeze in editing layouts where you have to see the
> toolbars and the content at the same time. It goes along with the
> data-table example fairly well.

​in conversations with Wayne, he would prefer toolbars be minimized till
needed. Seems many applications have this feature. tools popup when you ask
for them. Adding "editing layouts"​

> I’d probably drop the canvas element as too technology-specific, the
> content of the canvas would be images, video etc, so it is essentially
> covered by those I think.
>

> So the examples could be:
>
> “
> ​​
> Examples include images, maps, diagrams, video, games, data tables, and
> interfaces where it is necessary to keep toolbars in view whilst
> manipulating content.”

​New definition
​
fixed spatial layout - elements where the 2 dimensional arrangement of
content is necessary for use and/or perceiving relationships.
​
Examples include
​:​
 images, maps, diagrams, video, games, data tables, and interfaces where it
is necessary to keep toolbars in view whilst manipulating content.

Does that make sense? We could extend the exampels to bullet points if it