Re: RE: printing

further testing... using the following in Stylish
@media print{
body {
   font-size: 2em !important;
}
}
There is some issue with the cascade in css. 2em is additive for nested
elements, resulting in huge fonts. First attempt used * (all elements)
which resulted in ginormous font size. A 9 page document became 1500+
pages. Next attempt used p, span, div, th, td, li, label and others. Also,
huge fonts. Some fine tuning in order. Body as selector seems to work
fairly well.

stylish in Firefox supports on pages with and without print stylesheets.
stylish in Chrome ignores @media print statements.
stylish in Safari supports @media print

NB: when printing in Chrome, click the MORE SETTING control at the bottom
of the print dialog. There is a SCALE edit box. Just type in a number. the
results show immediately in the preview pane. some sites (w3c) work better
than others (google, cnn)

NB: there is a scale option in Safari, click on SHOW DETAILS button, then
edit the SCALE text box. Safari does not wrap/reflow anything. At 200% it
just doubles the size of the content, and makes 2 pages horizontally for
every page. Sigh.

Jim

--
Jim Allan, Accessibility Coordinator