Re: Simplifying popup interference

On Thu, Jul 20, 2017 at 12:06 PM, Repsher, Stephen J <
stephen.j.repsher@boeing.com> wrote:

> ​<snip>​
>

> If not, here’s some simplified wording perhaps to restart the engine:
>

> Popup Interference:
> ​​
> Popup content does not render any of its triggering content invisible, and
> remains visible while pointer hover or focus is on the popup content.

​Popup Interference:
For content that appears on hover or focus, the following are true:
1. ​
​
Popup content does not render any of its triggering content invisible
2. Popup content remains visible while the pointer is on the popup content
or focus is on the triggering content

​Except where

   1. User agent control: The
   ​popup is ​
   determined by the user agent and
   ​is
    not modified by the author
   ​.​

Reworded the second clause to cover different behavior for hover pointer,
and focus. Focus would stay on the triggering content and the pointer is
free to move around. the only way I can think that focus would get into
popup content is if the popup is a modal type window... which is different
from popup that are transient. That is, content that does not need a
specific close mechanism ([x] on modal windows).
The exception covers the "title" attribute popups and pointer obscuring
popup

Jim

--
Jim Allan, Accessibility Coordinator