Re: We all must attend LVTF next week especially people with low vision

That works today. Will it work with web components?

An SC is normative and techniques are not. Something, that works on HTML
DOM may not work with web components.

We do not hold authors accountable if their technology cannot provide but
we ask them to test for support when it exists.

The reason we have this problem today is because WCAG 2.0 did not make
visual accommodation part of 1.3.1. So we need to include the bed rock
essentials as new SCs.

We need that ability to prescribe spacing, font-family and color
established as normative requirements.

Let me show you how a normative requirement influences technology
development.

In the Flex Box Module <https://www.w3.org/TR/css-flexbox-1/> document of
CSS the following language is inserted to support 1.3.2 (Meaningful
Sequence) a normative requirement.

*Authors must use order
<https://www.w3.org/TR/css-flexbox-1/#propdef-order> only for visual, not
logical, reordering of content. Style sheets that use order
<https://www.w3.org/TR/css-flexbox-1/#propdef-order> to perform logical
reordering are non-conforming.*
I doubt this disclaimer would be placed in the module without a normative
criterion to support it.

These need to be normative. Informative is forceful enough.

As new modules are added to HTML5 they will  play on browsers that support
extensions using JavaScript accessibility spacing, font-family, color. We
can hold authors to not reducing this accessibility in HTML5 new content
that is not in the DOM.

I think that is my point.

Wayne