Re: LVTF question

Hi Wayne

Can we solve this with the personlization sematics

In other words out on a blinking flashing region a "blinking" attribute.  We have already a setting coga-distraction. the supported values include "moving" for moving content, but we can include blinking if that is not clearly included.
The personlization setting could be to remove moving content unless the user requests to load it.

We have a support personalization success criteria up on the survey. If it gets support we can include this usecase but , unfortunately, to get support we limited to critical and important content. Therefore it would be better to also have a SC that address this specifically. Techniques would include not having blinking/moving content  at all or supporting personlization to remove it automatically.

This is the use case I know about (My daughter) .... She uses an app called nightmode which is very low contrast. Even so, she  puts on very dark glasses when she loads a page. she then closes each region (normally google adds) with blinking or moving content or resized the window to block it. Only when they are all closed can she remove the glasses so she can see enough to try to read the page.

Not great.

Interesting enough she wrote the first version of the personalization script that is now used in the plug in. It would be great if it would actually help her as well :)

All the best

Lisa Seeman

LinkedIn, Twitter

---- On Wed, 15 Feb 2017 09:26:37 +0200 Wayne Dick<wayneedick@gmail.com> wrote ----

Lisa,

Thank you for bringing this up. Photophobia is a widespread  problem among people with blind spots (TSBVI). This effects people with macular degeneration as well as congenital retina damage like mine.

We addressed the text issue with the color SC (part c of #78). Images are just a pain (literally) and I just thought we could not address them now. It would involve serious element level intervention.

Hardware is an extremely  poor solution to this problem. I know. I do it when bright images are just too painful. But  hardware dimming cuts brightness globally even in places where diminished brightness is in effect. However, a software solution would require new assistive technology. So, a solution at the 2.1 level is not possible.

Wayne