From: Jonathan Avila <jon.avila@levelaccess.com>
Date: Thu, Aug 24, 2017 at 8:44 AM
Subject: CSS Scroll Snap Module Level 1 Candidate Recommendation
accessibility with zoom
To: WCAG <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

Have others looked at the CSS Scroll Snap Module Level 1 which has been
republished as a W3C Candidate Recommendation:

https://www.w3.org/TR/2017/CR-css-scroll-snap-1-20170824/

In the past my experience is that snap positions alerts the author to take
into some different screen sizes but it doesn’t fully take into browser
zoom within those breakpoints.  In my experience I have run into
accessibility issues when I zoom in with snap content --  the zoomed
content is cutoff and I can’t scroll to that content.  I didn’t see
reference to zoom in the specification.

Jonathan

Jonathan Avila

Chief Accessibility Officer

Level Access, inc. (formerly SSB BART Group, inc.)

(703) 637-8957

Jon.avila@levelaccess.com

Visit us online: Website | Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn | Blog

Looking to boost your accessibility knowledge? Check out our free webinars!

The information contained in this transmission may be attorney privileged
and/or confidential information intended for the use of the individual or
entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination,

Jim Allan, Accessibility Coordinator
1100 W. 45th St., Austin, Texas 78756
voice 512.206.9315    fax: 512.206.9452 http://www.tsbvi.edu/