Re: Resize Content, Size of All Interface and Resize Text.

Hi Alastair and all,

On 10/20/16, Alastair Campbell <acampbell@nomensa.com> wrote:
>> I meant copying the "Overlapping Tooltip Text on Hover" section (text
>> and images) [1] into the description section of the Resize content
>> Document
>
> Ah, thanks.

You're welcome, Alastair :-)

> I don’t see tooltips as something that fits with any of the resizing
> criteria [2], as the author does not have control over the size or location of
> tooltips.

I think that gets back to what we discussed previously regarding that
authors can control whether or not they put important information in
title attributes that are unreadable when content and cursors are
enlarged.

> As discussed, a 'don’t use tooltips' SC is possible, although tricky to
> define without banning standard drop-down menus, but it is a better fit.

Okay.

How would you define "metadata" for a new SC:
"Metadata in a webpage that is shown on mouse-over does not include
information necessary to understanding the content or functionality."

Once we have that definition I would be happy to create a new SC wiki page.

But let's not retire the "Seeing all elements" SC [1], which we have
already submitted to WCAG WG and which does cover the "Cursor
Overlapping Tooltip Text on Hover" issue until we have a new more
focused SC proposal and the LVTF agrees to put it forward to the WCAG
WG.

Thank you.

Kindest Regards,
Laura