From: Jim Allan [mailto:jimallan@tsbvi.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, July 20, 2016 2:52 PM
To: public-low-vision-a11y-tf
Subject: Icon Fonts??

Anybody have thoughts on Icon Fonts?
 here are the proposed techniques...
.Using aria-hidden="true" on an icon font that AT should ignore

https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/Using_aria-hidden%3Dtrue_on_an_icon_font_that_AT_should_ignore

Icon Font with an On-Screen Text Alternative

https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/Icon_Font_with_an_On-Screen_Text_Alternative

Using aria-hidden="true" on Unicode characters that AT should ignore

https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/Using_a_Decorative_Unicode_Character

Unicode Character with an On-Screen Text Alternative

https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/Providing_an_On-Screen_Text_Alternative_for_an_Icon_Font

Are there any techniques related to magnification or folks with low vision?

--
Jim Allan, Accessibility Coordinator
1100 W. 45th St., Austin, Texas 78756