Re: CSS background images and HCM [was: Low vision user requirements wiki page]

Hi Shawn,

It is an issue for people with low vision who do not use a screen
reader but rather Windows High Contrast Mode.

Check what Jon wrote back in July, "...This forces users with low
vision who use high contrast or ignore colors to completely turn off
CSS for the page.  Requiring the user to turn off CSS to simply have
access to a meaningful image that the developer should not have made a
presentation layer image is an issue for me."
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2014JulSep/0090.html

Me too.

As Aurelien Levy said "I think there is two things that may lead to
think it's not a failure :
- there is a sufficient technique allowing to use hidden text with css
http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20-TECHS/C7.html (so same technique but in
one  case is a failure and in an other case it's not)
- for me an association with the guideline 1.3 is missing because
using  user css or high contrast mode is clearly a case where content
is presented in different ways and it must be without losing
information or structure."
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2014JulSep/0091.html

Thanks,
Laura