Re: How to use LOD for practical purposes?

Thank you a lot for the link. It resonated really well with me, especially where they talk about "semantic heterogeneity".
So, to summarize it a little bit, the bottom line is that today we have to recognize the fact that making "distributed queries" (or queries across several graphs) is not a realist/practical goal, and the way to fix this is by getting the community together and agreeing on publishing standards/conventions?

Sent: Monday, November 19, 2018 at 2:20 PM
From: "Ettore RIZZA" <ettorerizza@gmail.com>
To: public-lod@w3.org
Subject: Re: How to use LOD for practical purposes?

Hello Laura,

Good question. I am also curious to read the answers. I suppose that
it is in the biomedical field that we should find the most practical uses of a decentralized LOD cloud. But this recent position paper[https://openreview.net/pdf?id=H1lS_g81gX] by Axel Polleres and al. suggests that even in those fields it is a kind of jungle.

Best,

Ettore Rizza

Le lun. 19 nov. 2018 à 12:47, Martynas Jusevičius <martynas@atomgraph.com[mailto:martynas@atomgraph.com]> a écrit :Christopher,

I agree that so far there has been no Linked Data API "contract". But
it does not mean one is not possible. We have in fact developed a
specification for that purpose called Linked Data Templates:
https://atomgraph.github.io/Linked-Data-Templates/[https://atomgraph.github.io/Linked-Data-Templates/]

Martynas
atomgraph.com[http://atomgraph.com]