Re: Linked Data Browser Extension

On 03/16/18 11:24, Ruben Verborgh wrote:
>> Below the spec. I'd be willing to pay EUR 200 out of my own
>> pocket. How much budget would you need?
>
> I see what I can do, will be a summer project most likely.

Cool!

Keep me updated so that we can arrange the finances.

>> * Change the Accept header
>
> Makes sense; I'd propose to just prepend all RDF MIME types with
> (implied) q=1 to avoid messing with browser internals / other
> extensions.

Sounds good.

>> * In case an RDF document is returned from the server, parse the
>> RDF document via rdflib.js
>> (https://github.com/linkeddata/rdflib.js).
>
> rdf-ext is probably the way to go.
>
>> print the RDF document in Turtle syntax (using prefix.cc for prefix
>> declarations)
>
> Turtle will not always be possible, as N3 goes beyond Turtle. Also,
> same problem in case of quads.

I would go for the simple case and just support RDF (so no quads, no N3).
What I am looking for sounds really boring, just the equivalent of the XML view in my browser for Linked Data.

Rather than having a fancy UI, I would like to see the extension in the various add-on repositories (addons.mozilla.org et al.).

Cheers,
Andreas.