Re: Canonical URIs for regional variants in LOD datasets

On 9/16/17 1:33 PM, Gerard de Melo wrote:
> Hi Ghislain,
>
> Good to see you here... Was great hanging out at ISWC in Japan last year!
>
>> I am looking for canonical URIs to represent regional variants in a
>> multilingual dataset.
>> Fo example, I want to be able to use all the variants of Spanish say
>> es-XX(e.g., es-MX for Mexican variant for Spanish), or English (e.g.,
>> en-CA).
>> I was looking around, specially in the Library of Congress endpoint [1],
>> but I am not able to have such URIs for geographical/regional variants.
> For many years, long-time W3C Fellow Felix Sasaki has been suggesting
> that regional language varieties be added to Lexvo.org [1]. Just 2
> months ago, we happened to finally implement IETF BCP 47-based language
> varieties (drawing in part on the IANA registry), though the new data is
> not yet live on Lexvo.org. Send me a PM if you'd like to have a dump
> with the relevant IDs.
>
> Gerard
>
> [1] http://lexvo.org
>
> --
> Gerard de Melo, Asst. Prof.
> Rutgers University
> http://gerard.demelo.org/

Hi Gerard,

Would it be possible for you to include the following relations in
<http://www.lexvo.org/page/term/eng/book#thisPage>, using any
combination of the following:

[1] POSH -- i.e., placing <link rel="about"
href="http://www.lexvo.org/data/term/eng/book" /> within <head/>

[2] HTML structured data island -- i.e., using <script/> to embed and
combination of RDF-Turtle, JSON-LD, RDF-XML

[3] HTML+Microdata or HTML+RDFa .

Why?

To increase discoverability to smart agents with regards to the
fine-grained structured data provided by
<http://www.lexvo.org/page/term/eng/book#thisPage>.

LInks

[1] http://osds.openlinksw.com -- example of a Smart Agent that can make
sense of structured data embedded in HTML docs en route to simplified
Semantic Web of Linked Data exploration and exploitation.

Founder & CEO
OpenLink Software   (Home Page: http://www.openlinksw.com)

Weblogs (Blogs):
Legacy Blog: http://www.openlinksw.com/blog/~kidehen/