From: Bram Biesbrouck [mailto:bram.biesbrouck@reinvention.be]
Sent: Wednesday, 22 November, 2017 22:13
To: Bryan Warren <bryanwarrenalvarez@gmail.com>
Cc: Linking Open Data <public-lod@w3.org>
Subject: Re: city country municipality etc...

On Wed, Nov 22, 2017 at 11:54 AM, Bryan Warren <bryanwarrenalvarez@gmail.com<mailto:bryanwarrenalvarez@gmail.com>> wrote:
Hi all, could anyone point me to a vocabulary for geo admin divisions in countries? specifically European countries. for instance, country X and then how the territory is divided. in the US it would be states, capital city of state, then cities in the state, towns, etc. As Europe is not one single country... I am sure there must be on for UK, France, Germany, etc. Could someone point me to such vocabulary?
thanks.

Hi Bryan,

We use Geonames for this: http://www.geonames.org/

http://linkedgeodata.org is an alternative