Re: From embedded structured data to queryable websites

On 1/27/17 8:50 AM, Ruben Verborgh wrote:
>> I am quite surprised to see this idea reappear here now.
> Your idea was about building cross-website applications;
> it's something that we're still very far away of.
>
> I have provided one simple way for my own website
> to make itself queryable, i.e., a TPF interface instead of LD documents.
> In fact, I've had the https://data.verborgh.org/ruben interface for months,
> but it just included my FOAF profile as data (https://ruben.verborgh.org/profile/).
> The only thing that I changed is that it now also includes my RDFa data.

Hi Rueben,

That is too broad a claim to make. Our world is too diverse such
subjectivity. Compounded by "TPF interface instead of LD documents"
statement.

You can build applications today that use Web Pages as structured data
sources. Why? Because tons of them already include structured metadata
created using terms from schema.org, thanks to incentives provided by
Google, Bing!, Yahoo! etc..

Personally, I think we make a lot of this more obvious by encouraging
folks to expose their puzzle pieces that add to the Web. There are no
silver bullets, and one size will never fit all, so let's engage this
reality  :)

Founder & CEO
OpenLink Software   (Home Page: http://www.openlinksw.com)

Weblogs (Blogs):