Re: grlc turns your Linked Data queries into Linked Data APIs

On 1/26/17 10:57 AM, Albert Meroño Peñuela wrote:
> Hi Kingsley,
>
> On 26 January 2017 at 16:35, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com
> <mailto:kidehen@openlinksw.com>> wrote:
>
>     I am trying to test what you've described quickly, but I am hitting an
>     issue that would be resolved by you simply sharing an example URI
>     based
>     on the pattern you describe via the statement  " Go to the address bar
>     of this page, and append /api/github_username/repository_name" .
>
>     In the world of Linked Data, we should only be a click away from
>     whatever we are trying to expose to others.
>
>     I await a functional sample URI based on your repo :)
>

> Agreed, the index page should contain some more clickable examples.
> You can find some here [1], e.g. the following GitHub repos containing
> queries
>
> https://github.com/CLARIAH/wp4-queries/
> https://github.com/albertmeronyo/lodapi/
> https://github.com/albertmeronyo/lsq-api/
>
> have their equivalent APIs at
>
> http://grlc.io/api/CLARIAH/wp4-queries/
> http://grlc.io/api/albertmeronyo/lodapi/
> http://grlc.io/api/albertmeronyo/lsq-api/
>
> , respectively. It's easy to create those repos, but we're working
> towards interfaces to make that easier.
>
> Thanks,
> Albert
>
> [1] https://github.com/CLARIAH/grlc

Albert,

Have you considered generating RDF-based descriptions of the operations
(actions) encapsulated by the APIs you are generating, using terms from
Schema.org, for instance?

Doing so enables powerful loose-coupling for RDF-aware smart agents [1].

[1] http://osdb.openlinksw.com -- home page

[2] https://osdb.openlinksw.com/osdb/ui/services -- follow-your-nose
form here to a console generated from action descriptions

[3]
https://medium.com/virtuoso-blog/describing-web-services-using-a-linked-data-doc-using-schema-org-terms-6caa399fc97a#.fl6kzvkd8
-- Action Description Example that's copy and paste friendly re.,
generating your own descriptions.

Founder & CEO
OpenLink Software   (Home Page: http://www.openlinksw.com)

Weblogs (Blogs):