Re: grlc turns your Linked Data queries into Linked Data APIs

On 1/26/17 7:58 AM, Albert Meroño Peñuela wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Just letting you know that there is a public instance of grlc
> available at [1]. No more hard-coded queries in your Linked Data
> consuming applications!
>
> grlc [5], inspired by tools like BASIL [4], is a small server that
> converts your SPARQL queries into Linked Data APIs, automatically and
> on the fly. To do this, it assumes that your SPARQL queries are
> publicly available in a GitHub (or similar) repository. For example,
> queries stored in https://github.com/CLARIAH/wp4-queries have their
> equivalent API at http://grlc.io/api/CLARIAH/wp4-queries/api-docs
> (notice the user and repository names in the URIs). You can call API
> endpoints by e.g. http://grlc.io/api/CLARIAH/wp4-queries/datasets
>
> Full details are described in this paper [2].
>
> The latest additions include a docker-based deployment, parameter
> enumerations, result pagination, and compatibility with #LD servers,
> RDF dumps, and HTML+RDFa pages (besides SPARQL endpoints).
>
> We would be pleased to hear from your experiences on using grlc: bugs,
> performance, use cases, feature requests, etc. grlc's issue tracker
> can be found at [3].
>
> Thanks,
> Albert
>
> [1] http://grlc.io
> [2]
> https://www.albertmeronyo.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/SALAD2016_paper_4.pdf
> [3] https://github.com/CLARIAH/grlc/issues
> [4] http://basil.kmi.open.ac.uk/app/#/collection
> [5] https://github.com/CLARIAH/grlc

Hi Albert,

Looks interesting.

I am trying to test what you've described quickly, but I am hitting an
issue that would be resolved by you simply sharing an example URI based
on the pattern you describe via the statement  " Go to the address bar
of this page, and append /api/github_username/repository_name" .

In the world of Linked Data, we should only be a click away from
whatever we are trying to expose to others.

I await a functional sample URI based on your repo :)

Founder & CEO
OpenLink Software   (Home Page: http://www.openlinksw.com)

Weblogs (Blogs):
Legacy Blog: http://www.openlinksw.com/blog/~kidehen/