Re: making our HTML+RDFa queryable

On 1/23/17 6:09 PM, Ruben Verborgh wrote:
> HI Kingsley,
>
>> Do  we need to stop at RDFa?
> Probably not, lots of things to do.
> But we'll need adequate parsers as well;
> I wasn't really successful with any23 for instance,
> it it didn't work well on HTML5.
>
>> Fundamentally, use of <script/> for
>> embedding structured data islands in HTML is a new pattern that should
>> be added to the Linked Data deployment mix.
> Although this can be useful indeed,
> I'm not a big fan myself of this pattern.
> The advantage of RDFa is its structural coupling to content,
> which can be exploited in lots if interesting ways.

Yes, as demonstrated by dokiel [1], for instance. My point is that
picking winners at the notation level has always been a source of
inertia, with regards to RDF Language exploitation.

> I personally would use conneg for large blurbs of RDF.

This isn't about size, it is more to do with leveraging HTML ubiquity as
a mechanism for Linked Data proliferation and exploitation.

>> As an example, our Structured Data Sniffer [4] browser extension doesn't
>> have a preference with regards to HTML+RDFa, HTML+Microdata,
>> HTML+JSONLD, HTML+Turtle, or raw Turtle, JSON-LD, RDF-XML
> Cool, is there also a standalone parser

No, but you can decipher how this is done from the code which is open
source.

> The pipeline would become more powerful with this one,
> as it currently only supports raw Turtle and RDFa.
>
>> BTW -- I was actually going to make a demo using your page but I hit a
>> TLS issue that can be recreated via:
>>
>> curl -kIL https://ruben.verborgh.org/
> Thanks for reporting, but I can't reproduce with curl 7.51.0.
> My TLS settings purposely avoid weaker algorithms
> to obtain an A+ grade on https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/.
>
> Best,
>
> Ruben

Links: