Re: NQuads

> On 23 Jan 2017, at 11:56, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com> wrote:
>
> On 1/21/17 1:22 PM, Hugh Glaser wrote:
>> Yes, my suspicion too.
>> Merging what are meant to be these simple formats isn't always straightforward.
>> I think it will take a little careful thought to work out what is best here.
>> For example, is it sensible to try and do something useful, or just use random bnode IDs.
>
> Hi Hugh,
>
> You have to post-process this data before uploading it. Basically, you
> will need to make valid blank node identifiers.
Sure - will do.
(I have a private message from Anna, suggesting this, and saying they will think about it for the next release, but it won't be fixed in this one, which is fine, of course.)

>> And then there is the question of what I should do with them in relation to my sameAs stores.
> There is nothing to do since:
>
> {
>  schema:sameAs owl:differentFrom owl:sameAs .
Ah, you might say so, but I don't have that triple. :-)
http://differentfrom.org/symbols/http%3A%2F%2Fwww.w3.org%2F2002%2F07%2Fowl%23sameAs
In fact, I think you are the only one who has it:
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=%22schema%3AsameAs+owl%3AdifferentFrom+owl%3AsameAs%22
so you can't really say it is common (or commonly-agreed) knowlegde :-)

More seriously, what I actually meant is what to do with the bnodes.
I don't think it is helpful to have bnodes in a pure sameAs store - they really don't have any useful meaning.
On the other hand, they sort of convey some useful knowledge to a human looking at them - especially if I was to do what is suggested, and prefix them with a rendering of the graph URI. And maybe turn them into a URI as well. And I could even make it a Linked Data URI.

By the way, I view many of the stores on sameAs.org as search and discovery services, and so I am happy to return URIs that most people would not consider owl:sameAs each other.
That is, high recall, and corresponding low precision.

I have some problems with the hardware at the moment, and so am facing a major migration to a new machine.
I may make the first store I bring up all the sameAsness from the crawl, in a store of its own.

Best
Hugh