Re: Browsers breaking content negotiation

From: Ruben Verborgh <Ruben.Verborgh@UGent.be>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2017 23:59:24 +0000
To: Martynas Jusevičius <martynas@graphity.org>
CC: Jerven Bolleman <me@jerven.eu>, public-lod <public-lod@w3.org>, "public-rww@w3.org" <public-rww@w3.org>

> So that separates the address space into URIs that serve Linked Data
> (multiple representations using conneg) and URIs that serve "files" (a
> single representation). Right?

No; representation-agnostic and representation-specific URIs are not new, and both serve a LD purpose. ("I like the photo, but it's JPEG version is too blocky." "Great text, but the German translation is longer than the French counterpart.")

> In fact our implementation was doing that earlier (disabling RDF
> conneg for files, only serving the original format), so now I went
> ahead and reverted back to that.

Sounds like a resource identification issue to me. If you separate documents from their metadata, you should be fine. They are different resources.

> But the browser behavior still does not make sense to me.

It does not; they do not really accept everything.

Ruben