Re: Are cool URIs for life?

Instead of policing a refined design could help (for use cases that are
worth the additional effort)

- As unique identifiers URNs may be cooler than URIs because they don't mix
up naming and access protocol.
  Expect more protocol changes/variety to come than just a switch from HTTP
to HTTPS, even if it takes some time.

- Vanilla DNS is a mediocre base for URI namespaces, because DNS governance
allows re-assignment of domains.
  We need top-level domains that assign domain names only once.

Marcel