🔔 Linked Data Notifications: Call for feedback and implementations

From: Sarven Capadisli <info@csarven.ca>
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2016 15:07:21 +0200
To: Linking Open Data <public-lod@w3.org>, SW-forum <semantic-web@w3.org>, public-ldpnext@w3.org, public-rww <public-rww@w3.org>
Cc: "public-socialweb@w3.org" <public-socialweb@w3.org>
Hi all,

We're working on standardising a mechanism for discovering and
delivering notifications where the notification contents are in RDF. We
call it *Linked Data Notifications* (LDN) [1]. Catchy!

Notifications can be about anything: a personal message from a friend; a
pingback link; a comment on a blog post; a pointer to an annotation, an
invitation to collaborate; a calendar reminder, a changelog.

The spec is currently on the Rec-track in the W3C Social Web Working
Group, and we hope to take it to Candidate Recommendation at #TPAC2016.
We would benefit greatly from your review, if you are interested in such
a mechanism, and even better implementations of some part of the spec.
It can be a sender or consumer applications or a receiver (a server).

We wrote the spec around what already works in LDP, so if you have an
LDP server it already works as a receiver (just fill out an
implementation report). To advertise an Inbox where a resource can
receive notifications, all you have to do is e.g.:

<http://example.org/foo> ldp:inbox <http://example.net/inbox/> .

We'd love to hear from you if you're interested in trying out any part
of this, either personally or as part of a project. We'd also love for
you to fill in a receiver implementation report if you were involved
with an existing LDP implementation.

Issues are welcome on Github [2] and questions and comments on Gitter
[3], IRC [4] or the WG mailing list [5].

[1] https://www.w3.org/TR/ldn/
[2] https://github.com/csarven/ldn/issues
[3] https://gitter.im/csarven/ldn
[4] http://irc.w3.org/?channels=social