Re: Close to spam (was Re: [CfP] Reminder: Submit to ISWC2016 Doctoral Consortium!)

Hi David,

On 19/05/2016 17:41, David Booth wrote:
> Wow, that is strict, given that ISWC is clearly relevant to all of the
> lists below.

Yes, but of course those lists are often populated by the same people. I
can't share the actual results of my survey (it has confidential
comments) but I can tell you that the message was very clear:

No more cross postings of CfPs.

None.

Go away.

Stop it now.

Shut up.

Stop.

But, OK, some are useful so put them on semantic-web@w3.org and prefix
them with [CfP] so they can be filtered.

So I'm trying to see whether I can actually encourage this behaviour. If
not, we'll simply ban all CfPs completely and block people who don't get
the message (we blocked 2 this week already). Most of my colleagues want
to ban CfPs altogether. Trust me, I'm being the nice guy here ;-)

Cheers

Phil

--

Phil Archer