Re: Survey: Use of this list for Calls for Papers

imho, what kind of emails are spam is something subjective and everyone on
these lists might have a different opinion.
However, for most people a spam is a spam, no matter how long, short,
well-written or structured the email is.

Whatever we decide one thing that would definitely help it to make all
these emails easier to filter out (or in).
One way is to *require* specific keywords on the subject (e.g. [CFP]).

If all the major mailing lists have such common requirements, eventually
everyone will use these conventions and people can create more efficient
filters on their email clients.

Cheers,
Dimitris

--