Re: Mediatypes that map to application/ld+json with a profile

On 2016-07-16 00:21, Ruben Verborgh wrote:
> Hi Sarven, Phil, Rob,
>
>> Are there mediatypes that map to application/ld+json with a profile?
>
> This begs the question why one would want to do that.

We're investigating to see what else is other than AS2 is making/stating
such equivalences:

application/activity+json and application/ld+json;
profile="http://www.w3.org/ns/activitystreams"

To the best of my know knowledge, there aren't any.

While I wholeheartedly appreciate the discussion on whether that's a
good or bad idea, that wasn't at all my intention. [Aside: you are
welcome to dig into past Social Web WG's discussions/meetings to see my
strong position against the new mediatype.]

The investigation was towards Linked Data Notifications:

https://linkedresearch.org/ldn/

to see what it can mention in order to apply the robustness principle.
It is a step towards helping people design flexible systems that wish to
so they can be a bit more interoperable with other
communities/implementations. That's being pragmatic.

LDN is not inventing or proposing a new mediatype, it doesn't have a
need for it, nor there are any plans for it, neither promoting "non-LD
stuff". Lastly, LDN has already marked this as at risk and prepared to
hand it off to the Social Web Protocols.
https://github.com/csarven/ldn/issues/10 already addressed all this,
satisfied all commenters, and marked as closed:

* https://linkedresearch.org/ldn/#sending-activitystreams2-support
* https://linkedresearch.org/ldn/#consuming-activitystreams2-support

-Sarven
http://csarven.ca/#i