Re: Mediatypes that map to application/ld+json with a profile

Hi Sarven,

I need to be *very* careful how I say this or I am going to get so much
flak for promoting a workshop on this list ;-), but I can't help but
point out that this topic is very much in scope of
https://www.w3.org/2016/11/sdsvoc/

Format/serialisation/Mime Type, whatever, is not enough. You need to
know the profile. Erik Wilde has an internet draft on this [1] too.

That approach - using HTTP Linked Headers is probably the simplest.
Should we also consider it as another dimension of content negotiation?
For example, I might ask a catalogue for metadata about a given dataset
using DCAT-AP, or DDI and that's independent of whether it's in JSON,
Turtle or whatever.

Actually, I really do have to send out a CfP for that workshop, which I
will do, but not here, or I'll have to remonstrate with myself from now
until next year.

Phil.

[1] https://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc6906.txt

--