Re: Business Of Linked Data: Opportunities re., Smart Agents (Bots)

On 7/8/16 10:40 AM, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
> All,
>
> Smart Agents and Bots are now hot topics across the industry at large.
>
> Bearing in mind years of knowledge and experience this community has in
> regards to Bots and Smart Agents [1], are there any Linked Data driven
> Smart Agents out there? Basically, conversational bots that have the ability
> to leverage semantically-rich Linked Open Data clouds.
>
> Personally, I believe this new wave of interest in Bots provides a great
> opportunity to showcase the value proposition of a Semantic Web build
> using Linked Open Data.
>
> Historically, there has been a disconnect between the technology and business opportunities related to Linked Data and a Semantic Web. Thus, I am opening a discussion thread to explore the business related aspects of this matter (i.e., this has nothing to do with research, papers, and conferences).
>  Links:
>
> [1]
> http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/describe/?url=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2Fhashtag%2FSmartAgent%23this&distinct=1
> -- Smart Agent Notes collated over time.
>
> [2] http://techemergence.com/valuing-the-artificial-intelligence-market-2016-and-beyond/ -- Market Size & Projections Example

All,

Here's an example of a Bot [1] that falls in line with what I was trying
to instigate discussion about. I've also joined a thread on Product Hunt
where some work is taking shape re., Facebook Messenger [2].

[1] http://growthbot.org/

[2] https://www.producthunt.com/tech/growthbot#comment-326494

Founder & CEO
OpenLink Software