Re: Profiles in Linked Data

Lars,

first of all, a SPARQL query can be converted to RDF graph using SPIN
syntax: http://spinrdf.org/sp.html

In my mind the RDF Shapes WG is about RDF validation, and hopefully
will also be based on SPIN. I'm not interested in the part about
non-SPARQL shapes as this is mostly politics at play. If you want to
do practical development, SPARQL is all you need.

Moreover, Shapes WG is very new while SPARQL has been around for 10
years. You wrote "not all clients want to talk sparql" -- but somehow
those clients will want to talk Shapes? Makes no sense to me.

I'm still of the opinion that you are looking in the wrong places.
Have you actually tried SPARQL for this? What did not work?

Martynas