Re: Profiles in Linked Data

To contextualize this,  I have a data transformation system that converts
common CSV,  XML and JSON data to RDF that needs just a tiny amount of
configuration data to work in most cases.  This has a configuration file
that looks like

@prefix : <http://rdf.ontology2.com/csvConf/>

<> :sourceFile <file:///data/fatca/FFIListFull.csv> ;
   :destinationFile <file:///data/fatca/FFI.ttl> ;
   :predicateNamespace
<http://rdf.legalentityidentifier.info/FFIListFull/predicate/> ;
   :rowNamespace <http://rdf.legalentityidentifier.info/FFIListFull/row/> ;
   :keyField 1 .

Note the only things that need to be configured,  other than the input
and the output,  is the namespace that predicates go into and the
namespace used for row identifiers,  plus the location of the
keyfield.  If there is no primary key,  then the system uses blank
nodes as row keys.  It is obvious how to extend the vocabulary so you
can say something about the data type of the fields,  how to change
the default mapping from fields to prefixes,  etc.

This is probably not exactly what you want for a public endpoint,  but
the idea that you can configure a data transformation in RDF still
applies.  The main issue I see is that relatively small (or internal)
endpoints may want to allow people to configure arbitrary
transformations,  but a large or public endpoint may offer a limited
"menu" of transformations which could be precomputed or preapproved.

--
Paul Houle

*Applying Schemas for Natural Language Processing, Distributed Systems,
Classification and Text Mining and Data Lakes*

(607) 539 6254    paul.houle on Skype   ontology2@gmail.com
https://legalentityidentifier.info/lei/lookup
<http://legalentityidentifier.info/lei/lookup>