Re: Profiles in Linked Data

Hi Lars

From: Svensson, Lars
Sent: ‎Friday‎, ‎8‎ ‎May‎ ‎2015 ‎11‎:‎05
To: Martynas Jusevičius
Cc: public-lod@w3.org

Martynas,

> To my understanding, in a resource-centric model resources have a
> description containing statements available about them.
>
> When you try split it into parts, then you involve documents or graphs
> and go beyond the resource-centric model.

OK, I can understand that. Does that mean that if I have under the same URI serve different representations (e. g. rdf/xml, turtle and xhtml+RDFa) all those representations must return exactly the same triples, or would it be allowed to use schema.org in the RDFa, W3C Organisation Ontology for rdf/xml and foaf when returning turtle? After all it's different descriptions of the same resource.

My take on this is each representation (with negotiation only on format via HTTP Accept header) *should* contain the same set of RDF statements (triples).

Also one could define a different URL for each representation which can be linked to with Content-Location in the HTTP headers.

We’re you to introduce an additional (orthogonal) way to negotiate a certain profile, this would be orthogonal to the format. Following on from above, one could then have a separate URL for each format-profile combination.

John

Best,

Lars