Re: Quick Poll

For properties you would need to use owl:equivalentProperty or
rdfs:subPropertyOf in either direction.

SKOS is very useful here as an alternative when the logic gets dirty due to
loose term definition.

As an example see this SKOS mapping from PAV onto Dublin Core Terms (which
are notoriously underspecified and vague):

http://www.jbiomedsem.com/content/4/1/37/table/T5

http://www.jbiomedsem.com/content/4/1/37 (Results)

Actual SKOS: http://purl.org/pav/mapping/dcterms

Here we found SKOS as a nice way to do the mapping independently (and
justified) as the inferences from OWL make DC Term incompatible with any
causal provenance ontology like PROV and PAV.