Re: [Dbpedia-discussion] Advancing the DBpedia ontology

Hi Alexandre,

On Sat, Jan 24, 2015 at 2:08 PM, Alexandre Rademaker <arademaker@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Dimitris and Antonino,
>
> A couple of questions:
>
> When you mentioned interlinking methods, are you talking about instances
> matching or schema matching? I am very interested in methods for instances
> deduplication in a triplestore. Any reference?

In this context we refer only on schema matching.

> How do you keep a version control of the ontology changes with WebProtege?
> Does it work fine with many contributors editing the ontology
> simultaneously? How does DBPedia ontology evolved over time? These are all
> relevant questions for other community-driven ontologies like VIVO (
> http://vivoweb..org <http://vivoweb.org>).

At the moment, the DBpedia ontology is collaboratively edited in a custom
mediawiki (mappings.dbpedia.org).
If/When we move to WebProtege, the wiki will probably be in sync but only
in read mode and as far as I can tell, WebProtege keeps versioning.

--
Dimitris Kontokostas
Research Group: http://aksw.org